Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 9

Everyone who LOVED conference say "Me". MEEEEE!!!
Wasn't conference this weekend so amazing?? I loved Elder Oaks and Elder Hollands talk. They always just kill it. haha And I loved President Monson's simple but amazing message about choices and choosing the easy wrong or the hard right. I am so excited to share it with all of our investigators.
I am loving the area and the people in the wards that we work with. We got a new ward mission leader in one of our wards and he is super excited to help us! The members in the wards are always really excited to help and really excited to meet the people we are teaching too.
On Saturday we watched conference then we went to a park in the neighborhood to help out with an Easter egg hunt. We did face painting and it was so fun! I felt like I was at home just like helping out at some ward party. And the Easter egg hunt basically felt like a ward party because it was all members and then a few other non-members. haha We mloved it! We got to see Monique and McKia Jackson (the black people lol) but oh yeah, so we found out their last name isn't Jackson... It's McCoy. We thought it was Jackson because the oldest son plays for Boise State so we asked him what  his name was and what position be plays. Anyways, he's from a different father I guess and his dads last name was Jackson but the rest are McCoys. Oops haha.
We had basically 3 breakfasts yesterday. We watched the Sunday morning session at Jen and Randy's (Jen is the one who just got baptized) and we had biscuits and gravy, and Swedish pancakes YUM!! Then we had oatmeal chocolate cookies at the people's house we went to the afternoon session for and that's basically breakfast because it has oatmeal in it. Right? Then we had breakfast for dinner at a members house. It was this delicious French toast casserole with buttermilk syrup. Yeah, my mouth watered too, don't worry! haha They are super friendly. They have a son on a mission in Mexico right now and he gets home around the same time as me so maybe we'll party it up in Provo after our missions haha! I got to play the piano at their house as well and I loved it! They had a lot of the same music I played before my mission. 
We had our investigator Winnie drop us last night because she watched an hour and a half anti video. It was really sad for me when she told me that because I know this gospel is true with all my heart and I could never deny it. I seriously cried for like 30 minutes haha. There are definitely things in the church and its history that are disturbing and concerning at times but there is no possible way Joseph Smith just made this gospel up just because he wanted to... I know that I am here for a reason and I know that I gave up a year and a half of my life to serve the Lord and preach His true gospel. I love the people here and I still love Winnie but it just breaks my heart that she isn't able to partake of the same happiness we know and feel from this gospel. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's original gospel restored on the earth today.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Sister Summer Stone

Pic #1: Sister Thomas and I have a new hit single dropping soon called "FALLing for you"
Pic #2: It's finally getting warm! So yeah, I'm stoked
Pic #3: oh yeah, and our other album featuring Paramore coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment