Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 18

(6/6/16)

Fambadamdam!
I miss you all lots! This week has gone by really fast. I feel like we just had Pday like 2 days ago. It's insane how one week can go so incredibly slow and the next can go so fast.

On Friday we met with Darren and things went well. He always has these really deep questions that Sister Hirales and I don't know the answers to so we always tell him that we will get back to him but this week he had more questions and he always seems to find more and more each week. Sister Hirales this week asked him how his Book of Mormon reading was going and he answered and said "well, I'm only in 2nd Nephi but I'm slowly slowly getting there." So we invited him to just stick to the Book of Mormon for now and to pray about that to get that foundation. I truly believe that after he gains a testimony of the Book of Mormon, all his little problems and questions won't necessarily go away but they won't matter anymore. None of his questions are going to matter in the long run.

Something I've noticed since I've been here on my mission is that we need to truly get a strong foundation for our testimony because the little mistakes that people in the church have made or if someone offends you, that does not effect your eternal salvation. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book and because of that, everything else just falls into place.

I know this gospel is true with all my heart and that is why I am here out on a mission. This gospel has truly blessed my life and I want to share the happiness and the blessings I have received with everyone around me. For anyone out there reading this who is considering going on a mission, JUST DO IT! It's hard but it will bless you for the rest of your life. I've only been out 4 months and it has already blessed me immensely.

Alrighty haha to the fun stuff now. We went to a baseball game for a part member family and we cheered him on. He was so embarrassed haha! They didn't win but its ok, cause he had 2 super rad sister missionaries there!

On Saturday we went to dinner at another members home and the kids wanted to have a water balloon toss so we changed into service clothes and water balloon toss turned into a water fight with hoses and buckets and squirt guns real fast. We did'n't start it though, I promise. It was the 12 year old son. Haha I'm not complaining though because it was like 97 degrees that day.

Yesterday we went to dinner at a new lady in our wards home and she's from Basnia so she made us Bosnian food and it was pretty good. It was coolest watching her make it though. She said that they drink Buttermilk with the potato layer thing she made so she gave us a little glass of Buttermilk and EWWWWW!! I don't get how people enjoy that taste in their mouth. haha

Well, thats about it. I love you all. The Gospel is true and God love you.

Sister Summer Stone

This address still works if anyone was wondering;)
1111 South Cole Road
Boise, ID 83709




No comments:

Post a Comment