Thursday, April 6, 2017

Week 60

3/20

Oh my goodness. This week could not have gone faster. Did I just email like 2 days ago because that's what it feels like. There have been so many incredible miracles we've seen this week. 

First off, we had Zone Conference and that was AWESOME! We talked about working with the youth to find new investigators. At the end of President Bartletts testimony he goes, "you know what? We are so blessed to be so close to one of God's amazing creations. How would you all feel about all going to Shoshone falls right now?" For those of you who don't know, Shoshone falls nickname is the Niagara of the west. So there were about 50 missionaries at Shoshone falls. It was so insanely fun!

On the more spiritual note... remember how I talked about how at MLC we were talking about how to think outside the box for getting New Investigators, Investigators to Sacrament, and Investigators with a Baptismal date. Sister Mata and I decided to put this "thinking outside the box" to the test. We are working with a Part member family, the Esta's, and they have been trying to come to church for a long time but just haven't been able to get the motivation to come. We invited them to come to the church on Saturday and we gave them a tour of the building. I felt like I was on the District. They were just like sponges with their kids just soaking everything in. Their whole family came to church yesterday and everyone welcomed them they were family. It was so great! The kids loved primary and everyone just wanted to meet this family. I love this gospel and I know that it not only blesses individuals it also blesses families!!

Another cool story really fast, we have this investigator Jose and he loves the gospel he wants to be baptized and we haven't been able to figure out his concern. So we had this lesson planned that we were going to go over the baptismal interview questions and when we got there to teach the lesson we didn't even have to go into that. He opened right up to us and we were able to teach according to HIS needs. That was awesome. I love the fact that the gospel and help everyone and I love that the spirit was able to help him feel comfortable. I know that the spirit was also able to prompt Sister Mata and I as we were teaching him.

This gospel is true no matter what anyone says! You can pray for yourself to find out. Don't just take my word for it. 

I love you all!

Keep the Faith!!

Sister Summer Stone

Pictures:
1. Our investigator Jose
2. Zone Conference/ Shoshone Falls
3. Sister Mata and I at Shoshone Falls
4. Sister Mata and I in Filer





No comments:

Post a Comment