Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 22

7/4

Crazy, busy, amazing, fun, hard week! It has been packed FULL of stuff. 

Last week for Pday we went to Downtown Boise with our district. We saw the typical missionary things everyone goes to to see. We were able to drive up to the top of Table rock and look over all of Boise. So beautiful. I am so grateful to be serving here. Boise is seriously the perfect place for me. 

We got to meet our new mission president this week!! President Bartlett and Sister Bartlett are so incredible. I cannot wait to get to know them better. When I first met him and shook his hand I said, "I'm willing to learn Spanish if you need some more Spanish Sisters" and he just laughed and said "OK Sister Stone, I'll keep that in mind". We'll see how that goes lol

On Saturday we had a great lesson with this new investigator. His name is Ray and the spirit was so strong. We shared The Restoration with him and at the end of the lesson we shared our testimonies and told him how grateful we were for prayer and that Heavenly Father always answers our prayers. Then we invited him to pray to know if what we had shared with him was true and to start reading the Book of Mormon and he said he would do it before he went to sleep that night. We are going to help him this week with service so we'll be able to follow up with him on how it went. 

Sunday night we went to a less actives families house. They're trying to come back and their goal is to go to the temple to be sealed. Sister Rabello and I were talking with them about a day maybe that they could set as a goal and then they started talking about their family and how only 1 daughter is active enough to be there when they get sealed and Sister Rabello spoke up and said, "The spirit is telling me I need to promise you this right now. I'm not sure why but I know I need to. I can promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ that when you get sealed in the temple, your sons will return and you will all be able to be sealed together." The spirit was so intense and we all just sat there crying! Brother Cary, through his tears said, "Thank you so much Sister Rabello. I really needed that. I've been thinking a lot about when we want to go and that just gave me a little shove." 

Alright, to the 4th of July. Sorry this email is so long. I bet the only one still reading this is my mom. Thanks mom! haha But 4th of July was SO fun! We went to a BBQ at a members house and their whole family was so excited to see missionaries there. The food was delicious and they were all so welcoming to us! After dinner we went to the Cary's (the less active I just talked about) and sang songs then they asked me to play the piano so I played my America the Beautiful and I didn't get through the whole thing but they loved it haha! They gave us ice cream and we just sat on their "lanai" as Brother Cary calls it and listened to the fireworks go off and watched the sun set. We headed home after and lit sparklers with Sister Benson and Sister Mata (the sisters in our district).  Didn't get to sleep till about 11:30 or 12 because of all the fireworks going off but that's ok. Being exhausted is just part of being a missionary right? haha 

Well I love you all!! Sorry for the insanely long email haha

Keep the Faith and don't forget to write ;)
1111 So. Cole Road
Boise, Idaho 83709

Sister Summer Stone

#1 Happy 4th
#2 Downtown Boise with the district
#3 Sparklers with Sister Benson
#4 Happy 4th with Sister Rabello
#5 Boise missionaries meeting president Bartlett


No comments:

Post a Comment