Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 27

8/8/2016

HI FAMMM! 
This week has been crazy busy. I've had 4 different companions within the last week haha these new transfer days are throwing me off big time. We used to have transfers on Monday but now they're on Wednesday. So I was with Sister Hallums for 5 days waiting for transfer day. Then I was with Sister Borja on Wednesday morning while we waited for our new companions to drive from Twin Falls.

So my new companion is Sister Nelson. She's from Tucson, Arizona and she's been out for 14 months. She only has 3 transfers left so I'm hoping I can "kill her" and stay in the area for 7 1/2 months. I love this area there is seriously so much work to do! 

We got 4 new investigators on Saturday, which never happens here. Like it's super rare. So a few weeks ago we parked outside this ladies house because the road was having construction work done on it and when we got out of the car to go the people down the street she came out and said, "Do I know you?" kind of in a rude voice and we get that a lot. People will be like "well, i don't know you so get off my property" kind of thing but we just told her we were the missionaries in the area and we were going to see her neighbor on the road they were working on and she goes, "I don't know you, but I feel like I should" So we got to talking to her and her ex-husband used to be a member and come to find out, her 9 yr old son had just passed away a few months earlier. So we visited her a few other times and they were kind of weird situations but this last time we saw her she let us into her home and told us all about her sons and her sister and her mom and dad. She lives with them because shes just been through a lot the past few months and has been struggling. We shared Helaman 5:12 (kind of the go-to scripture as a missionary) and she was really touched by it. She asked her 3 boys standing there and her mom what it meant to them and then she shared what it meant to her and asked us to share our thoughts too. Then we all stood around the kitchen holding hands and said a prayer. It was awesome. We invited them to come to church and told them they could sit with us and we would love to see them there. She said, "ah man guys. You're making me feel so welcome" haha PRAYING for their progress. I know there is amazing potential there. They didn't come yesterdat BUT I still have faith. haha

I am so grateful for my mission and the amazing lessons I learn while I'm here. I know this gospel is true and I know that the atonement is real. I love being a missionary and being to see 1st hand how it can work in people's lives.

I love you all so much! Keep the faith and know that God loves each and every one of us and this is Christ's restored gospel the earth today.

Sister Summer Stone


PS, We did service at someone's house this week with our district and thats where most of these pics are from (we got free lunch after). Or transfer day haha. Love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment