Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 52

1/23

Our car didn't get dirty this week until yesterday!! WOOHOO! That is seriously incredible because usually it's dirty the day after we get it cleaned. we lasted a whole 6 days! It's mostly because it's been dry this week but don't worry... there's another storm coming.

I am so excited I am staying in this area another transfer! We taught Marissa and Sydney a lot this week. On Friday night we went over the baptismal interview questions and the spirit was so strong you couldn't have denied you felt it if you were there in the room. We asked the last question which says, "When you are baptized, you covenant with God that you are willing to take upon yourself the name of Christ and keep His commandments throughout your life. Are you ready to make this covenant and strive to be faithful to it?" She said "Yes!" then Sydney looks at Marissa and said, "Missy, your mom is really proud of you right now" And then Sydney started crying. Marissa's mom and Sydney's sister passed away this last summer and Marissa and her mom were taking the lessons together before we came into the area. Sydney wasn't taking the lessons before but I know that since she's really started to read and pray she has felt the spirit. I know she especially felt the spirit on Friday. As I looked at her the spirit touched my heart and told me she was understanding the truthfulness of our message. That desire is growing within her. :)

I am so so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission and see peoples lives change for the better. Keep the faith everyone! 

Love you all!

Sister Summer Stone

Saying goodbye to the Oakley Stake missionaries #FAM


No comments:

Post a Comment